Winona Area Chamber of Commerce
2017 Committee Plan
Committee Name: Economic Development
Committee Chair: Jim Vrchota
Committee purpose Statement: Economic Development Committee:
To offer opportunities for local businesses to receive resources and direct assistance in order to impact local economic growth, job retention and job creation.
Committee Projects/Activities for 2017:
- Complete a minimum of 30 Grow MN Visits based on a target list that will be developed with the local housing shortage issue as top of mind.Goal: Each Committee member will assist in securing a minimum of 4 Grow MN! appointments each between January and September 2017.
- Offer Grow MN visits to new chamber member (when appropriate)
- Communicate Grow MN local results at annual Economic Summit\
- Send an end-of-year summary letter to Grow MN visits and media
- Seek opportunities, where appropriate, to collaborate with regional economic development and training initiatives.
- Communicate within the chamber and to other appropriate organizations a local need that has been identified through Grow MN visits that respond/impact – ongoing
- Host 3rd Annual Economic Summit – Sept. 2017
The committee goal is to maintain a committee of 12-14 active volunteers
Securing 4 local sponsors to help cover the $1,000 cost for Grow MN! ($250 each)
Economic Summit – net revenue goal = $1,500